November 20, 2008

welcome to the pond



The Pond is an idea for a children's story that takes place in and around pond. The story would not be linear, each book would feature one character prominently and revolve around character interactions. Naturally, each book would feature a moral. Teresa (my wife-to-be) and I would collaborate on the stories with the help of my mom (the world's best kindergarten teacher). Teresa would provide storybook sketches and I would animate them into cheery cartoons. The Pond would have short web cartoons and simple games while the book would be similar to a Bernstein Bears book.

I'm sure Stephen King's On Writing had something to do with this yearn to publish. Pick it up if you've ever considered writing fiction--it's great!

Copyright Nicholas Matthews, 2008

No comments: